All information you provide to us via email or Our Site is stored on our secure servers or the secure servers of third parties authorised by us.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
· To facilitate the provision of goods and services made available by third parties through Our Site.
· To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested, but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Site, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to Our Site, goods and/or services.
· With your express consent we may also use your data, to contact you by Electronic Means (fax, telephone, email or SMS) to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest which are similar or complementary to or which otherwise may enhance the type of goods that you as a customer of one of Our distributors or retailers have previously acquired (details of which goods you will have provided when completing your product registration details on Our Site or otherwise. We call this type of information “Product Updates”.
· If you are not such a customer, we and/or any third party that we permit to use your data will only contact you by Electronic Means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in one or more of the ways mentioned above, or to pass your details on to third parties for the above marketing purposes, please let us know.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about customers of our products will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and/or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations, such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies, for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention, credit risk reduction and to pursue debtors.
· If we use a third party to host the servers on which your personal information is stored.
· In any other manner mentioned elsewhere in this policy.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time at: email@example.com
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our customers, distributors, retailers, suppliers, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.