300g caster sugar
275g self raising flour
75g cocoa powder
Splash of soya/oat/cows milk
Chia seed mixture (1 tbsp chia seeds/4 tbsp water) or one egg
2 large 180g bars of dark chocolate, bournville works well
1) Makes 12 large or 24 small cookies. Oven temp: 200 degrees Celsius.
2) Light the fire 45mins/1 hour before you want to use the oven, you want it to reach the desired temp and stay there. Usually easier when the initial log has burnt down to orange embers and the second load of fuel goes in.
3) Place 1 tablespoon of chia seeds in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of water, leave for 20 mins.
4) Cream together margarine and sugar, then put all remaining ingredients (except the chocolate) in a bowl and mix together.
5) Add the chia seed mixture and stir.
6) Divide into 12 or 24 balls depending if you want big or small cookies, press chunks of chocolate gently into each ball, add more or less depending on your day!
7) Place onto a lined baking sheet, a few at a time and place in the oven. Cook for 10-12. They should still look goey when you take them them out!
8) Eat on their own or with your favourite ice cream.